Wednesday 17 December 2014

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!

During my quiet time with the Lord today whilst praying a revelation came upon me. My soul was within a room with windows. The windows were tightly shut and blackened by blinds. I could strongly feel the Holy Spirit bursting within me. I lifted the blinds and flung open the windows and a rush of wind came in filling me with such joy and love. The wind brought freshness. The room had become stagnant, foul-smelling, empty and dark. Yet as the window opened the light poured in and the air cleansed the room, washed it and purified it. My soul lavished deeply breathing in the Lord’s presence which had gushed into the room.  Inhaling His love, His joy, His peace and once again I came alive…


Praise the Lord for His revelation to me today. Daily this window needs to be opened to let the Lord come rushing in with the pure breeze of His presence. Over the weeks of this busy season I had become swept away in the sea of demands and all this while my soul became stagnant, choking in the room of darkness, disconnected from the Lord’s presence. My soul cried out yet it fell upon deaf ears as my flesh carried on performing the same monotonous tasks every day. Trapped within the flesh my soul ceases to live without the Lord...

"How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
18 
If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
    I awake, and I am still with you"...

No comments:

Post a Comment